Wednesday 3 September 2014

First Day of School

Brooke and Fanny both woke up tired on Tuesday September 2nd for the 1st day of school.   Brooke got up and asked me if she could watch TV at 11:30 Monday night and she was still watching it when I went to bed at midnight.   Fanny although she didn't get up said that she had been awake several times throughout the night.  Aah to be a teenager again.  So with Lydia waking them both up at 6am they had no choice but to get their tired selves out of bed, have breakfast and begin the hour long process to get themselves "school ready".   I asked them if I could take their picture and it was only agreed to if I promised not to put the photo on Facebook.  The blog I was told was okay because as Brooke had said, "no one reads it anyway".   After taking several photos it was time for one more "have fun at school" from Lydia and myself and then the girls exited the front door to walk to the bus stop to catch the bus for 7:30am.    

Lydia left shortly after and I waited until I received a text from Brooke telling me that they both had  got on the bus with no issues.   We got home and were excited to hear about Brooke's first day of grade 10 and Fanny's first day at her Canadian High School.  Both equally important.    Without going into a lot of detail (another promise I had to make to Brooke and Fanny) the girls had a great first day!!   Both Fanny and Brooke like their teachers and all the students were nice and welcoming to Fanny.   The girls were exhausted so after doing their 10 minutes of homework they watched a movie had dinner and both were in bed by 8:30.   I'm told being a teenager can be exhausting!!!   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment